how can you see into my eyes like open doors
leading you down into my core
where I’ve become so numb without a soul my spirit sleeping somewhere cold
until you find it there and lead it back home
(Wake me up)
Wake me up inside
(I can’t wake up)
Wake me up inside
(Save me)
call my name and save me from the dark
(Wake me up)
bid my blood to run
(I can’t wake up)
before I come undone
(Save me)
save me from the nothing I’ve become
now that I know what I’m without
you can't just leave me
breathe into me and make me real
bring me to life
(Wake me up)
Wake me up inside
(I can’t wake up)
Wake me up inside
(Save me)
call my name and save me from the dark
(Wake me up)
bid my blood to run
(I can’t wake up)
before I come undone
(Save me)
save me from the nothing I’ve become
Bring me to life
(I've been living a lie, there's nothing inside)
Bring me to life
frozen inside without your touch without your love darling only you are the life among the dead
all this time I can't believe I couldn't see
kept in the dark but you were there in front of me
I’ve been sleeping a thousand years it seems
got to open my eyes to everything
without a thought without a voice without a soul
don't let me die here
there must be something more
bring me to life
(Wake me up)
Wake me up inside
(I can’t wake up)
Wake me up inside
(Save me)
call my name and save me from the dark
(Wake me up)
bid my blood to run
(I can’t wake up)
before I come undone
(Save me)
save me from the nothing I’ve become
(Bring me to life)
I’ve been living a lie, there’s nothing inside
(Bring me to life)Bring Me to Life- Evanescense
leading you down into my core
where I’ve become so numb without a soul my spirit sleeping somewhere cold
until you find it there and lead it back home
(Wake me up)
Wake me up inside
(I can’t wake up)
Wake me up inside
(Save me)
call my name and save me from the dark
(Wake me up)
bid my blood to run
(I can’t wake up)
before I come undone
(Save me)
save me from the nothing I’ve become
now that I know what I’m without
you can't just leave me
breathe into me and make me real
bring me to life
(Wake me up)
Wake me up inside
(I can’t wake up)
Wake me up inside
(Save me)
call my name and save me from the dark
(Wake me up)
bid my blood to run
(I can’t wake up)
before I come undone
(Save me)
save me from the nothing I’ve become
Bring me to life
(I've been living a lie, there's nothing inside)
Bring me to life
frozen inside without your touch without your love darling only you are the life among the dead
all this time I can't believe I couldn't see
kept in the dark but you were there in front of me
I’ve been sleeping a thousand years it seems
got to open my eyes to everything
without a thought without a voice without a soul
don't let me die here
there must be something more
bring me to life
(Wake me up)
Wake me up inside
(I can’t wake up)
Wake me up inside
(Save me)
call my name and save me from the dark
(Wake me up)
bid my blood to run
(I can’t wake up)
before I come undone
(Save me)
save me from the nothing I’ve become
(Bring me to life)
I’ve been living a lie, there’s nothing inside
(Bring me to life)Bring Me to Life- Evanescense
Muse Concert 2010- Edmonton Alberta
Killers concert 2009- Edmonton Alberta
SO, I have an unhealthy obsession with music... Many of you will say, what's the problem with that? And my answer to you would be nothing- if you have a LOT of money and no kids to hide your booty shakin ways from...
I grew up in a large and VERY musical family. All of us were required to learn piano, and many of us chose voice and other instruments. Several of us took dancing, even a few of my brothers were in tap, although I'm sure they would be mortified if they knew I was telling (Dave and Shawn) but again, it's MY blog!!! When we were moving around every year with Dad in the military, we would sing in EVERY new ward we moved into. More often then not- Love is Spoken Here, as it had two parts and could be divided evenly. We sang before EVERY Family Home Evening, a lovely little ditty- welcome to home evening- and anyone who's joined us on a Monday knows what I'm talking about... Good times! Our family went Christmas Carolling every year also, and still continues -acquiring new members as we get married-ins and friends with a desire to sing the season in. And our Grandma was/is fanatic about us performing on a dime. (What a wonderful, wonderful feeling, when you know that you're falling in love...)
My daddy loved many different kinds of music, and was pretty open to truly great artists. In fact I first heard Tori Amos because of him. We had, every kind of influence possible- with the exception of Death Metal and Rap. I grew listening to The BeeGees, Neil Sedaka, Linda Ronstad, Yanni, Olivia Newton-John, Don Mclean, Barbara Streisand, Carol King, Samuel Barber, Mozart, Beethoven, Handel, Nearly EVERY Andrew Lloyd- Webber Musical, Abba, Dvorak, John Williams, John Barry, Michael Jackson, Lionel Ritchie, Dolly Parton, Kenny Rogers, The Beatles, some Pink Floyd, Moody Blues, Eric Clapton and just about anything else you can imagine. Factor in also that we were members of the Church and you've got a LONG list of Mormom Tabernacle Choir, Janice Kapp-Perry, and Michael Maclean's music to choose from.
In my TWEENS, my parents got the "Singing Machine"... For those of you who don't know what that is- well it's magic! A stereo like unit with several microphone connections and both tape AND eight track players... It's like a self contained karaoke unit. And it provided tonnes of fun and WAY too many embarrassing moments- I remember coming in from a youth dance, to a party my parents were holding and Dad would be singing Phantom of the Opera and he would wave me over to sing the UBER high soprano part with him... I'll have you know that for quite a few years I could TOTALLY sing those high notes- should I have? I doubt it- but I did.
I fell in love at fifteen with Sarah Mclachlan, and my style changed a bit- but since then I have found myself craving immersion in music of every kind- okay not SO much country although I do make some exceptions. On ANY given day I can listen to anything ranging from Debussy, to Down With Webster. Lady Gaga, Regina Spektor, Billy Talent, Radiohead, Rob Zombie, The best of Danny Elfman, The Veronicas, Metallica, Black Eyed Peas, Imogen Heap, Sarah Brightman, Kerli, Ke$ha (I know it's a guilty pleasure) MUSE, Sia, and the list goes on. I have it bad- where I find myself rocking out to just about anything at any hour of the day...
Anyways this drivel could go on and on, and for certain we will be revisiting this topic, but I wanted to say that sometimes music can affect you from a source you never knew possible- case in point my RIDICULOUS movie score collection... Inception anyone? Somersby, Schindler's List, Titanic, Or Tron- thanks again Leisl... SO keep listening- because sometimes it's the only thing that carries ME through and I can't be the ONLY one. can I?
I love music too. It helps me in some way everyday. A great score for when I need something mellow is the score from the Pride and Prejudice movie with Kiera Knightley. I love it when I need something calm and soothing!
ReplyDeleteDid Patrick Doyle do that one Connie? I love his scores...
ReplyDelete